Nyingtig Yabshi, Dzogchen Nyingtig
Tib., snying thig ya bzhi
The Nyingtig Yabshi, one of the most famous collections of Dzogchen scriptures, is one of the major works compiled by
Longchenpa; to which he also added invaluable commentary. Because it
combines all Nyingtig traditions - oral and written ones as well as
the two strands coming from Padmasambhava and
its name means "Four Branches of the Heart Essence".
Since it is so essential a work
for all students and practitioners of Dzogchen,
it is sometimes simply called Dzogchen Nyingtig (rdzogs chen snying thig).
The work contains the following sections:
- Vima Nyingtig (bi ma snying thig)
- Lama Yangtig (bla ma yang thig) Longchenpa's clarification of the Vima Nyingtig
- Khandro Nyingtig (mkha' 'gro snying thig)
- Khandro Yangtig (mkha' 'gro yang thig) Longchenpa's clarification of the Khandro Nyingtig.
This work includes the Narration of the Precious Revelation of the
(gter 'byung rin po che'i lo rgyus), a history of Padmasambhava's
Dzogchen lineage - starting with the Samantabhadra,
- Zabmo Yangtig (zab mo yang thig); texts containing additional teachings by Longchenpa himself